Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Great Places of Home Vol. 1

I went out in the beautiful Stanislaus National forest today to do some gold panning on the North Fork of the Merced River and I got to thinking how much I love the area I live in. There is so much intriguing history and so so much rad stuff to do and see.  This place is about only 15 minutes from my house, short hike to where I decided to do some gold panning, farther down the creek there is an awesome swimming hole, that unfortunately after panning my feet were so cold I could barely walk and decided not to hike further and get any pics, sorry. Then there is the historic and amazing Bower's Cave. There is so much history in this cave from the natives believing that the creation of man came from deep in the cave, to the 1850's where locals used to go to listen to an orchestra play inside the cave and could dance on the cave floor.
I did pull a little gold out of that small hole believe it or not







The balcony where the bands would play in the 1850's

No comments:

Post a Comment